Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Letting go...


So I just heard the phrase, '..letting go of who you were to become who you were meant to be...' - I think that I love it. In the past 9 months I've learnt so very much about who I was and who I want to be. The idea that the past can hold you down and tie you up frustrates me to no end, and yet not enough so far that I wouldn't let it happen to myself. Today a few blessings have come my way, and i'm choosing to count them. I'm choosing to step out and take note of them and allow them to dictate my tomorrow. This is not to say that we are to let situations determine our perspective on life, but rather that we are to allow the shine that blessings bring, add spark to a drawing already coloured in. So letting go... how do you practically do this? I think its a matter of one memory at a time, one reminder at a time and one hope at a time. Letting go brings with it a grief that nothing can counter, but the understanding that letting go also brings about 'letting live.' Something that you might want to think about... I know that I will be. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment